About Me

My photo
I am 17 years old and attend San Pasqual Academy. I am a junior in high school. I live on a campus with 130 other students. At times the drama does become intense but we all know that soon it will be over. The people that I hold close and dear to my heart that I know will never betray me I consider apart of my family. Other than that everyone else is just another obstacle in my life that I have to go over. My best friends that I never want to loose are always there for me and understand my hardships and I understand theirs. My favorite sports that I play are volleyball and softball. Currently I am on a volleyball team. GO DRAGONS! I plan on going to college and starting my life with a positive beginning.

Monday, April 4, 2011

“Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life.” - Herbert A. Otto

In the past two years, I have grown.  Yes, I have grown physically but most importantly mentally.  Four areas I have grown the most in are in my relationships, friendships, having respect for myself and others, and my love for myself.  The state I was in two years ago is nowhere near where I am.  I feel as if my mental stability has done nothing but strengthen and become more stable than what it once was.  I have progressed and plan on to keep progressing.

Two years ago I got involved in am unhealthy relationship.  I was foolish and didn't realize that it would merely blind me from reality.  Mistakenly, I continued on with this relationship until about December last year.  Finally being able to see through all the crap and just being able to see the facts, I realized that being with that other person was destroying me.  I realized that it all was just a mess and I needed to clean up my act an get out of it.  From then, I learned from my mistakes now knowing not to make the same ones again.    I have a better understanding of what I tend to go for and not can just avoid it. 

Now I know no matter what people come and go, but true friends last forever.  Despite how long I have known this it never seemed to have mattered until now.  I used to be the kind of person who fully and deep heartedly cared what people thought of me.  I wanted to be cool with everyone and have no enemies (which is nearly impossible).  I didn't understand the true value of friendship until a lot of them started ending. which is sad that it took me loosing my friendships to learn the importance of them.  By then, I felt more alone than I ever had before.  That feeling forced me to grow up and turn things around for the better.  Not only did it help me look at people with better discretion but realize who my real friends are.  From those two years, I have two friends still who have remained sincere to me the whole time.

I believe to get respect from someone else, you really needed to learn how to respect yourself first.  With this comes loving yourself.  Two years ago, I doubt I had any respect real respect for myself.  Yeah, I could have sworn up and down I did but did I really, probably not.  I didn't love or respect myself as I should of, which affected many if not all my relationships with all sorts of people.  I let me get me.  I haven't necessarily fully obtained the ability to love every aspect of me but I  have learned to have more love for myself than I used to. Also, I respect myself more than I was did.  I stopped really caring what people had to say about me with their pointless criticism.  With this I have changed for the better towards myself and others.  Therefore, I have grown in a sense advanced in this particular area.

I do not think that out of nowhere I decided to grow in these areas. That just for some reason, magically, I grew mentally without a cause.  Many different factors play in to the reasons why I have grown but overall it was a realization for myself.  Something happened that caused me to think and with that thinking I took it and in a way "planted it" in my life and grew from it.

No comments: