About Me

My photo
I am 17 years old and attend San Pasqual Academy. I am a junior in high school. I live on a campus with 130 other students. At times the drama does become intense but we all know that soon it will be over. The people that I hold close and dear to my heart that I know will never betray me I consider apart of my family. Other than that everyone else is just another obstacle in my life that I have to go over. My best friends that I never want to loose are always there for me and understand my hardships and I understand theirs. My favorite sports that I play are volleyball and softball. Currently I am on a volleyball team. GO DRAGONS! I plan on going to college and starting my life with a positive beginning.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

APA Format...WHOA!

APA format? What's that? Well, kids I am here to tell you exactly what APA Format is. In a research paper, APA format is commonly used amongst many writers. You have a choice of which style you would like to use whether it is an intext citation, or a reference list. Citing a source means letting the readers know where you got the information you are giving them. For example, here is an intext citation: He "already hold[s] more elections that virtually any other country on earth...504,404 elected officials, one for every 182 voters" (Osborne & Gabler, 1992 p.74), and where I received this information is from Matt Van Someren, APA Format Prezi. In order to cite a source however, a writer need to know the author of the source they are citing, the year it was published, and if it is from a book the page number. However, you use intext citations when it is a direct quote but if you paraphrase a text you need to include the site of that information on a reference page. A reference page is a little different. A reference page is a full list of all the sources you have used in your essay and the need to be in alphabetical order. I will use APA format in my research paper so if my audience is in disbelief of anything I am saying, they can refer to my sources. Also, it helps keep your ideas organized.

No comments: